Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy Birthday AFKN (AFN-K?)



I was just reminded that AFKN will be celebrating it's 60th anniversary this year. They're looking for people who'd like to share their stories about what it was like then. Let me know if you'd like to help and I'll pass your address along.

I know that when I finished the DINFOS and everyone got their assignments, all of the Army troops and most of the Air Force had orders for AFN (Germany) I had Korea. I really wanted to go to Europe. I must have looked angry or hurt or something because one of the teachers took me aside and said "I've been both places, you're probably not going to believe this, but you won on this one." He was right. I had a great tour.

Let's take a listen to AFKN 1966







AFKN Bob Walker 1966


Direct Download