Monday, August 14, 2023

Harry Newman 1994

  


In the early 1990s Matt was in England enjoying the sounds of AFN from hundreds of miles away:

I recorded these in east Anglia (approximately 800 miles away from the transmitter at Weisskirchen) using my trusty old boom box. Sometimes, at night, when the weather was right, you could get a pretty good signal. The recordings were all somewhere between 1991 and 1996. Sorry I’m not sure of exact dates.  Because I was limited to 30 or 45 min audio cassettes, I didn’t tend to record whole shows, instead recording a section where I was interested, I also seem to have  a habit of sometimes stopping the recording if the DJ was playing a song I could get in the UK.

He recorded a lot of things I didn't have.  Thanks for sharing!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment