Friday, December 1, 2023

Jim Pewter Christmas In Korea 1964

 

Jim Pewter with Little Richard and Bumps Blackwell 1966


Jim Pewter sent this along,  Greetings during the Christmas season 1964.  At the time I was PFC Jim Pewter, soon to be SP/4.  I wrote Don French, PD at KFWB Los Angeles and requested the DJs send a holiday greeting to Radio Cavalier, which later became radio tomahawk.

In 1959 Don French was the PD at KDWB in St Paul.  Don added my beta single Little Girl b/w Blue Blue Denims to the KDWB fab 40.

Greetings from, Johnny G, Larry McCormick, Bill Balance, Roger Christian, Gene Weed, Joe Yokum, Sam Riddle.
From 1958-1963 KFWB was the best top 40 station I ever heard.  Later when I returned I became close friends with Roger Christian and co-hosted rock n roll shows with Bill Balance.



Hear Jim every night at 4pm Pacific, 7pm Eastern on the Hook:


No comments:

Post a Comment